A Brazilian Wax or Bikini Wax are almost must-haves when living at the beach. We work hard to make sure your experience is positive, clean, and quick. Listed below is a short list of things you can do to prepare for your wax treatment.
- Avoid scheduling your treatment four days before or after your menstrual cycle. We can wax during your menstrual cycle, but your sensitivity will be heightened.
- Minimize discomfort by taking ibuprofen or pain reliever 30 minutes prior to waxing.
- Do not schedule a wax treatment if you are using Retinol products in the bikini area or if you are taking Accutane.
- Avoid shaving between wax treatments.
- Hair should be 1/4 inch in length (stop shaving at least three weeks before the treatment).
- Gently exfoliate the skin a few days before the treatment.
- Avoid wax treatments if you are sunburned in the bikini area.
- Pre-schedule your next treatment for four to five weeks.
To avoid ingrown hairs, we recommend dry exfoliation of the skin, which helps to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and allows new hair to grow without being trapped in the follicle. A light skin scrub or a dry brush help to reduce ingrown hairs.